The vast majority of borrowers are managing their student loans
successfully. Student loan servicers are on the front lines helping.
- Delinquency and default rates have steadily and significantly declined since the recession.
- Enrollment in income-driven repayment plans has more than tripled since 2013.
- For most borrowers, student debt is manageable and results in a valuable investment in the future.
- Graduation, not debt balance, is a leading predictor of payment success.
- Contact is key to preventing default.